The international conference «Social Sciences & Medical Innovations: Doing Things Together» (May 21-24, 2015, Tomsk) is the second event organized as a collaborative endeavor between Maastricht University, the Netherlands, and Tomsk State University, the Russian Federation.
This conference explores modes of togetherness in innovating in medicine and health. We will talk about collaborations between disciplines and fields, analyse ways in which innovations and settings work or fail to work together, and investigate intertwinements of technologies and politics. In these explorations, conference participants will go beyond the focus on collaboration between humans, stretching the understanding of ‘togetherness’ to include technologies, contexts, and values. That is ‘doing things together’ is about innovation processes working in collaboration with governance structures, material environments and cultural landscapes.
The Conference will involve:
May 21, 2015 (Thursday)
- Key-Note lecture ‘Politics of Blood’ by Boel Berner (Sweden); 13:30, Conference Hall of the main TSU building, Prospect Lenina, 36. See more information.
- Research Seminar ‘’How to study socio-medical innovations in the wild?’’ by Klasien Horstman (The Netherlands); Room № 022, Building № 4, Moskovsky trakt, 8. See more information.
- Lecture and Round Table “Linking history with the here and now: Post-Soviet public health and the biomedical sciences”, lecturer and moderator: Susanne Bauer (Germany); 18:00, Small Hall of the TSU Scientific Library, Prospect Lenina, 34a. See more information.
May 22, 2015 (Friday)
- Key-Note lecture ‘The Social Study of Collaboration’ by Bart Penders (The Netherlands); 11:00, Conference Hall of the main TSU building, Prospect Lenina, 36. See more information.
- Round Table ‘Trajectories of Russian (bio)pharmaceutical innovations in the world’; 19:00, Small Hall of the TSU Scientific Library, Prospect Lenina, 34a. See more information.
May 23, 2015 (Saturday)
- Open lecture ‘Reflections on studying togetherness’ by Klasien Horstman (The Netherlands); 16:00, Small Hall of the TSU Scientific Library, Prospect Lenina, 34a.
May 24, 2015 (Sunday)
- Discussion ‘Formulating the concept of the next conference’.
Conference sessions will cover the following topics:
- Making innovations work? Contextualising togetherness
- Innovations and governance: participatory and inclusive practices? Politics of togetherness
- Co-production of innovations and values. Normativity of togetherness
- Bringing everything together: cases of visualization and telemedicine technologies
Language of the Conference: English.
For more information, please, visit the website of the Center for Policy Analysis and Studies of Technologies; call +7 (3822) 535-602, or email: email@example.com